The Points System
For the 2016/2017 event season, the times for the first place male and female in each of the Junior and main events each week will be awarded 100 points, and then participants that arrive after the winner will be awarded fewer points based on their times relative to the winnerâ€™s time. This is a familiar concept â€“ 100% is tops and those who arenâ€™t the best get less. You will see in the results your points for that particular week. A participants best 12 races will be counted at the end of the season to determine the Overall and Age Group series category winners and place-getters as outlined below. Please note the below process regarding ‘Provisional’ Results & Series Points and ‘Final’ Results & Series Points;
- Tuesday evening – ‘Provisional’ Results & Series Points posted on this webpage.
- Participants requiring changes to their results, category, times etc MUST send these to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5.00pm Wednesday.
- Wednesday evening – ‘Final’ Results & Series Points posted on this webpage.
- After Wednesday evening Results & Series Points can not be adjusted unfortunately.
Please email us if you believe your time is incorrect or if you have been omitted from the published results.Â All online results are provisional and subject to change.
Full Series Results
If you have a query
If your result is missing, or appears incorrect, then please contact us. Please include in your message:
- which series (Takapuna or Orewa) you were taking part in
- the event discipline you were entered in
- your finishing time (if you remember it)
- the name of anyone else you recognised who finished just before or after you
- any other relevant information (eg, “I lost my tag in the water”)