Commit to a summer of SUP racing!
Want to get into Stand-Up Paddling but not sure where to start? Own a board and feeling guilty you are not out there enjoying it regularly? Our Auckland Stand-Up Paddle event series is just what you’re after.
The Harcourts Cooper & Co Beach Series is a great opportunity to get into Stand-Up Paddling and make it part of your weekly exercise regime. We’ll show you how!
- 1km SUP (all board types)
- 3km SUP
- Elite 4km SUP
Our 3km and elite 4km stand-up paddle boarders race according to board type; 14′ or 12’6″, inflatable & surfboard.
Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) racing is an exciting sport and is the perfect whole body work-out. It improves balance, co-ordination, strength, is stress reducing and invigorating and is a sport the whole family can get involved in.
We caught up with one family to ask what brought them to the sport, and what keeps them all coming back each week – click here to read their story.
You will be eligible for Overall and Age Category medals if you participate in a minimum of 12 events in one event distance. Head over to our Series Competition page for more info.
Entry Pass Options
You can choose to purchase a single event pass, or 6, 12 or 18 event series pass – the more events you sign up for, the cheaper the price per event!
We also offer series pass discounts to families and local club members. Click HERE for more Entry Fee information.
The Beach Series is proud to have Starboard as an event sponsor. For you, this means the Starboard tent is onsite at each event, loaded with hire boards, free demo race boards and expert advice. The crew will also be on hand to show beginners the in’s and out’s of paddle boarding and ensure they’re race ready! On top of that, Starboard gives our participants an exclusive discount off boards and a free entry into the Beach Series to all newbies. Check out their Sponsor Deals page for more information.
New to Stand-Up Paddling?
If you’ve been watching from the shore, you will have seen how fun and exciting SUP racing can be! For a beginner, it’s all about getting your balance and learning to control the board and Takapuna Beach, with it’s sheltered water, is the perfect place to learn. The Auckland Stand-up paddle community is known for it’s helpful and inclusive vibe. You can always ask any of our elite paddlers for advice on the night, or download our Free How-To-Stand-Up-Paddle Guide for our top tips and tricks.
Still need to know more? Head to our ‘New to the Event’ page or click below to sign up to one of our SUP clinics!
Event Safety and Rules
- Event Rules and Safety Guidelines can be found HERE and at the event base each week
- Leashes should be worn by all stand-up paddlers and please note that these can be made compulsory on event night. Make sure you bring yours with you to the event
- Series points will be deducted or a participant disqualified if maker buoys are not rounded correctly (ie. a corner is cut)
- Series points may be deducted if stand-up paddlers do not cross the finish line with their paddle
- For your safety is is compulsory for all participants to attend their event briefing each week. Briefings are held at Event Base in Takapuna Reserve, with Junior briefing at 5.45pm and Adult briefing at 6.20pm
- All participants must be wearing either a series or on-the-day timing transponder before heading down the start shoot
- It is compulsory for all participants to read and accept our Terms & Conditions and Waiver. These will be included in your online entry, but can also be found HERE.
It is important that participants check their course map on the event base info board as the 4 SUP courses will be used at random each week, depending on weather conditions.
Our lifeguards will adjust the angle of the course to best suit weather conditions on the night. Any adjustments will be explained at the Event Safety Briefings, however, to better understand these adjustments, please ensure you have already familiarised yourself with the days course map. If you are unsure please ask one of the Beach Series crew before your safety briefing.
Course #1 – 1km, 3km & 4km
Course #2 – 1km, 3km & 4km
Course #3 – 1km, 3km & 4km
Course #4 – 1km, 3km & 4km (Foul Weather)
Event Dates and Timetable
The Beach Series runs for 18 weeks over summer and is held on Tuesday evenings, at Takapuna Beach. For a full list of the dates, and the event day timetable, click HERE.
To make life that little easier, click the button below to have all the Beach Series events (plus our pre and post season events!) added to your chosen calendar.