Join the largest weekly Auckland ocean swim
The Harcourts Cooper & Co Beach Series is an Auckland ocean swim series to suit all ages and abilities. Whether you’re a competitive swimmer or simply out for some social, physical activity, come along and swim at your own pace.
The Beach Series is now in its 15th year and with over 450 nightly participants, is Auckland’s largest weekly fitness event. So grab your friends, grab your family, and get out onto the beach – it’s what Kiwi’s do!
We have swim distances that cater from the competitive, right down to the first-timer. 18 weeks of racing will see your fitness and confidence soar. Will you step up to a longer distance mid-season?
- 250m Junior Swim (12yrs and under)
- 500m Ocean Swim
- 1000m Ocean Swim
- 1500m Ocean Swim
- 2000m Ocean Swim
If you’re looking to introduce your kids to Ocean Swimming, the Beach Series is the perfect environment. We asked three of our incredible young guns about their switch from the pool to the ocean, and their rise to the top of the medals podium – click here to read all about them.
All series pass participants that are at the final event get a FINISHER MEDAL!! First. Time. Ever!!
You will also be eligible for Overall and Age Category medals if you participate in a minimum of 12 events in one event distance. Head over to our Series Competition page for more info.
Entry Pass Options
You can choose to purchase a single event pass, or 6, 12 or 18 event series pass – the more events you sign up for, the cheaper the price per event!
We also offer series pass discounts to families and local club members. Click HERE for more Entry Fee information.
The Beach Series is proud to have blueseventy as an event sponsor. For you, this means the blueseventy tent is onsite at each event, loaded up with great deals and expert advice. On top of that, blueseventy generously provide our amazing wetsuit spot prizes, and offer our participants an exclusive discount. Check out their Sponsor Deals page for more information.
New to Ocean Swimming?
Ocean swimming is both challenging and exciting – you’ll love it! When making the switch from indoor to open water swimming, it’s a good idea to start with a smaller distance and work your way up as your confidence grows. Download our Free How-To Ocean Swim Guide for more tips and tricks or watch some of our ‘how to’ videos by Blueseventy!
Safety First! As the largest weekly Auckland ocean swim event, you can take comfort in knowing you will not be swimming alone. All our events are guarded by professional lifeguards and one way they manage your safety is requiring all participants to wear correctly coloured swim caps. Your first swim cap is free with your series pass, however, if you change event distances you can purchase a new swim cap from registration; these are $10. We have also introduced pink swim caps for those participants who’re not so confident so our lifeguards can keep an extra eye on you.
Still need to know more? Head to our ‘New to the Event’ page or click below to sign up to one of our free ocean swim clinics!
Event Safety and Rules
- Event Rules and Safety Guidelines can be found HERE and at the event base each week
- Snorkels, flippers, fins and other swimming aids are not permitted
- Swimmers will be deducted series points or disqualified if found to be swimming over the top of or pulling on other swimmers
- For your safety is is compulsory for all participants to attend their event briefing each week. Briefings are held at Event Base in Takapuna Reserve, with Junior briefing at 5.45pm and Adult briefing at 6.20pm
- If predicted weather or wave height falls outside our safety parameters, the event may be postponed and added to the end of the series
- All participants must be wearing either a series or on-the-day timing transponder before heading down the start shoot
- It is compulsory for all participants to read and accept our Terms & Conditions and Waiver. These will be included in your online entry, but can also be found HERE.
It is important that participants check their course map on the event base info board as adult courses could be changed at random each week to suit conditions.
Our lifeguards will adjust the angle of the course to best suit weather conditions on the night. Any adjustments will be explained at the Event Safety Briefings, however, to better understand these adjustments, please ensure you have already familiarised yourself with the days course map. If you are unsure please ask one of the Beach Series crew before your safety briefing.
Junior Swim Course (250m)
Adult Swim Course #1 (500m, 1000m, 1500m & 2000m)
Adult Swim Course #2 (500m, 1000m, 1500m & 2000m)